In this project, Arquimaña worked with the concept of Greenhouses, understood as a place of nurturing for artistic and cultural creation. It attends to a modularization that allows for adaptation to different needs, surfaces and locations in Tabakalera.
For this purpose, a module or folding frame in poplar plywood was designed. Joined in pairs it forms a self-supporting portico. The juxtaposition of this module allows the creation of spaces of variable length and constant section. Lightweight structures connected to each other by special pieces avoid the use of screws. All of the parts that form the greenhouses are designed to be made by CNC (computerized numeric control), with the aim of making the design easy to replicate and to self-produce. The remaining components (hardware, etc) are easily accessible elements in traditional hardware stores.
The greenhouse structure constitutes a basic frame that the user can transform according to their needs. The space can be open, translucent, opaque, more public or more private…
Fitting the purpose of maximum use of the material, a table and a chair model are designed from the waste generated by the machining of the porches. They will furnish both greenhouses and the offices of the center.
Step by step
Three moduls Greenhouse you need:
- 14 uds. Chopo boards 40 mm
- 11 uds. Chopo boards 15 mm
- 11 uds. Polycarbonate boards 16mm 1105×2055 mm
- 66 uds. Silver barrets 30 mm
- 3 uds. Hinges in T length 300mm aproximeate
- 1 ud. Galvanized sheed lock for padlock
- 2 uds. Positionable compass hinge length 300 mm aproximate
- 1 ud. Silver Piano hinge length 670 mm aproximate
- 18 uds. stainless bolt 90×65 mm
- 50 uds. M8 screw round head square neck (Flush)
- 50 uds. M8 Poppet